Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Force date cell to show [blank] if end of month

Try this in A2 with the first date in A1 and copy down
=IF(A1<"",IF(MONTH($A$1)=MONTH(A1+1),A1+1,""),"")

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"lisa110rry" wrote in message ...
Hello,

My monthly employee timesheet spreadsheet is quite simple - a field where
the employee enters the first date in the month, eg 01/02/07 and a column
which automatically enters DDD/DD/MMM in a column on the left. All fine
there. However, I don't know how to stop the calculation (cellref above)+1
where the month is shorter than 31 days. Can anyone help with this? Is
there no alternative to linking a calendar table, as I would do if making an
Access object? This spreadsheet is used by all the company employees in
various stand-alone locations, who have various levels of Excel ability and I
must make this as simple as possible.

Many thanks