Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] tim.j.hart@gmail.com is offline

Default How Might I "Mail Merge" Data For Multiple .txt File Output?

Instead of mail merging a list of addresses with a letter, my goal is
to combine a list of data with a text file (actually an .XML script) to
make a number of seperate .txt files, each with one of the data lines
imbedded.

One could concievably do this in a straightforward way in MS Word,
except that Word will let you send output either to a printer, to
email, or to a SINGLE large output file. I want to crank out dozens of
individual text files, one for each member of the input data file.

I am an avid Excel user, but, ahem, a very poor macro programmer.
Could you suggest a macro script that would run this mail-merge-like
function?