Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
SJT SJT is offline

Default Colum Chart

Thanks Jon. The data for the year 2005 is placed as follows: the dept. names
are in column G in rows 31, 43, and 17, and the revenue data is in the same
rows in Column AD. The data for the year 2006 is placed as follows: the
dept. names (which are the same as above) are in rows 81, 93, and 67 and the
revenue data is in column AD and in rows 81, 93, and 67. Can I work this
into a Column chart? How do I deal w/ the "data range" and "series"? Thanks
again.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

What's your data look like? Discontiguous, sure, but is it regular?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"SJT" wrote in message
I would like to create a number of column charts based on revenue data for
three different departments in two different years. The x-axis would
contain
the names of the three different departments and the y-axis would measure
revenues. Each department would have two bars one for revenues in 2005
and
one for revenues in 2006. However, the data is not contiguous and I would
like to know what is the proper syntax to create a series that contains
non-contiguous cells. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.