John Cordes

KimLL wrote:
I am in an unusual predicament. At my job they calculate time by 1/3 hours.
I'v created an Excel spreadsheet to calculate my hours with the ROUND
function. The problem is that when Excel rounds to 1/3 of hours, it isn't
the same as my jobs calculation of a third of an hour. Here's what I mean:
Job calculations
1-10 min after an hour = 0 hour
Thanks
Kim

I'm not sure if this may be your problem, but have you allowed for
rounding _errors_ in the floating point arithmetic? i.e. you might want
to try something along the lines of
ROUND(C40+0.000001,2)
The point is to add some very small number to the argument to be
rounded, to be sure it goes into the desired interval.

John