Richard Goh

I can plot this range of data, so it is not bad data. I now have several
plots, one for each year. The problem only occurs when I choose more than
699 rows (any 699 rows).

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
Richard -

A scatter chart series can have no more than 32,000 points. So that's not
it. I suspect there's a bit of nonnumeric data at about row 699 or 700. If
it looks like a number but it's left-aligned in the cell, this could be
the problem. Make sure the cell has a date or general format (not text),
then copy a blank cell, select the bad cell, and use Paste Special from
the Edit menu, with the Values and Operation-Add options, to try to fix
it.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Richard Goh wrote:

I am attempting to plot my investments value against dates with Excel
2000 in a Windows XP SP2 system
I have over 750 date rows, with gaps starting in 2003
When I choose a scatter chart, the dates on the chart revert to Jan 1,
1900
It was working up until the number of rows exceeded 699.

Is this a problem with Excel? Is there a limit to the number of rows
that can be used?