Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peterwnixon Peterwnixon is offline

Default Automatic Update of Currency Symbol Throughout Workbook

As an after thought - would it be possible to have a macro run off the drop
down box? So if the user selected say "$" a macro would run that I had
pre-recorded that would alter the currency symbol in all the appropriate
places?

Or would there be a simply way?
--
Kind regards,

Peter Nixon

"Peterwnixon" wrote:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Is there a way that I can update the currency symbol throughout a workbook?

The workbook is a multi-worksheet document that contains many line items of
costs and their respective totals. I would like that on the input sheet i.e.
cover sheet, that when a user selects a currency from a drop down box - this
would then update the currency symbol throughout the document in all the
total boxes on each work sheet.

Is there a way of doing this? Other than going into "Format Cells Currency
Symbol" for each and every box?

Would love to solve this one as it would save me a great deal of man hours!

--
Kind regards,

Peter Nixon