Arvi Laanemets

Hi

I have to leve at moment for some hours. When I return and see, that you
didn't get a passing solution jet, I'll give it a look.

Arvi Laanemets

"John Simons" wrote in message
Arvi:
I have posted the original 1-2-3 code in a separate post. Is it

possible
to nest the 'choose' function? Because I am spreading this out over 120
months, I think I would quickly exceed the 24 choices.

If you could examine the original 1-2-3 code and give some suggestions,

would be most appreciative.

John

"Arvi Laanemets" wrote:

Hi

Another way is to use CHOOSE function, which allows up yo 24 different
choices - values or expressions. To use CHOOSE, you have to transform

your
choice conditions to choice order numbers, (1, 2, ... up to 24). You can

do
it p.e. using MATCH function, but sometimes simple mathematical

operations
will do.

Still another way is to use VLOOKUP function with array as argument, or

with
lookup table somewhere on worksheet. With VLOOKUP you are limited to

values
as choices only.

--
When sending mail, use address arvil<attarkon.ee
Arvi Laanemets

"John Simons" <John wrote in message
I am trying to convert an old Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheet into Excel. I

have
several cells that contain multiple nested IF statements. I

understand
from
the documentation that there is a limitation in Excel that says that

you
can
only have 7 levels of nested IF statements. I have a need to go as

many
as
18 levels of nested IF statements. Is there any way to cajole Excel

into
not
choking on this nesting? There are so many things that Excel does

better
than Lotus 1-2-3, but this is one big negative for Excel. Thanks for

any
input you can provide.