Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Upper case data entry

Oh geez. I have two shift keys... Now what? <g

(Sorry I just couldn't help myself)
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

An alternative approach is to use the CAPS LOCK key. This is usually located
just above the shift key.
--
Gary's Student

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

Al, or should I say AL <g

you could use a sheet event macro to change the case:

Target.Value = UCase(Target.Value)

HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

with @tiscali.co.uk

"gramps" wrote in message
I work a 4 week rota which entails 4 different duties, any 5 days from
seven.
At the end of that time I produce a duty statement detailing which duty
numbers were worked on what days. The duty number is in the form of 'AB1'.
How can I ensure that even if I enter the duty number as 'ab1' it will be
automatically be entered in upper case format.
Many thanx
--
Al