Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mpenkala mpenkala is offline

Default Help with VLOOKUP or other matching function

Hey gang,

I need help with the following problem. I have a worksheet that lists names
in colA, averages in colB, and scores in colC.

I'd like to be able to show the high scores in a different section on the
worksheet. I can use MAX function to locate the largest number (score, avg)
but how do I get the name associated with it? Also, how can I show the 2nd
and 3rd largest scores or averages? Will I have to use a different function
than MAX (such as LARGE)??

Thanks again for all the help!
Matt