Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default "Abnormal behaviour" data entry form

Great! Thanks for letting me know how you solved the problem.

JR Hester wrote:
Further investigation, shows you were RIGHT ON with that suggestion. I had
left formulas in the very last line of data, for reiteration purposes.
Thereason it worked when I pasted into a new spreadsheet( the first time) was
that I did not include teh entire data sheet list, thus did not get the
formulas. I mis-intrepreted your post. Don;t know why I thought I would ever
have formulas in the field names row, but that's how I intrepreted it.

I discovered this when I redid teh experiment and choose the entire list of
data to copy and paste!

Thanks for getting me back on track, I am continously learning!

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

If a field contains a formula it will be blocked on the data form. Do
the entries in the first data row contain formulas?

JR Hester wrote:

CAn anyone offer an explanation of why a data entry form( DataForm) would
block data of first 3 of four fields when attempting to add a "new" record?
Admittedly, I had an ill conceived layout( on purpose ). field labels were in
row 4 AND some field labels originally included spaces. The data form
correctly displayed existing records, but when attempted to add a record with
the NEW button, only the last field open a text box for data entry.

I corrected the known issues, deleted rows 1-3, and removed spaces from
field names. This did NOT resolve the data form issue.

NOTE: Pasted data into a new spreadsheet and the data entry form works
normally. Anyone have an idea of what may casue such behaviour? And is there
any suggested work around other than the method I used? facilitating a
trining exercise and looking for answer BEFORE I am asked the question.

Thanks

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures