Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Martz Martz is offline

Default Easier way to copy formula that are linked?

This is the formula used:
='[Duration Formula.xls]Updated Formula 081606'!$A$173

Each cell on "b" corresponds to certain cells in "a" so when I reproduce the
new line in "b" I have to change each column cell in "b" to link to the
correct line in "a" (line 173) ie: new lines would be 170, 167, 164 etc. (so
each cell I have to update to 170, 167, 164) Can I copy the line so when I
change the first cell, all of the other cells in that line will update to the
new line?

Hope that's a clearerererer picture of my question
--
Michelle

"Dave F" wrote:

It's not clear what you're asking.

Post the formulas in question.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Martz" wrote:

I've been troubled with copying a formula and need to know if there is an
easier way to do it: I have two Excel spreadsheets "a" contains the majority
of the information while I need "b" is a tracking sheet based on some of the
cells in "a". I link cells in "b" to "a" with no problems and when I update
"a" the "b" cells update accordingly. On the "b" spreadsheet 10-12 cells (in
columns) are linked to the "a" spreadsheet - The Problem: when I copy lines
in "b" (because I run out of them) I have to change each column cell to
reflect the correct "a" link. Please help - if that's possible!
--
Michelle