Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KC Rippstein hotmail com> KC Rippstein hotmail com> is offline

Default Formula Help

I don't know what you mean by freezing the item (can you explain?), but
having it change colors is fairly easy.

Give cell A523 a name (like ItemIDQuery). Then on each product sheet,
select the entire data table and apply conditional formatting using Formula
Is.
=$A2=ItemIDQuery

Select the formatting you want and then whenever the item ID matches a
particular ID in column A of your product worksheet, that entire row will
change to the formatting you want.

- KC Rippstein
--
Please remember to indicate when the post is answered so others can benefit
from it later.

"Rao Ratan Singh" wrote:

Hi,
I have 10 sheet for inventory record of Paintings, Silver Jewllery,
Textiles, Wooden Items etc. I track cost price of entering its ID number by
using this this formula
=IF(A523="","",VLOOKUP(A523,INDIRECT(B523),10,0)*( 1-(50%*--(B523<"slvrJwllry_Articles")))) to track specific value from respecive sheet.

But I want to do more. Is there any way when I enter a IDnumber of
particular item, then in the respective sheet this item number's detail
automatically freeze and change its color.