Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
excel moron excel moron is offline

Default merge of two row's into one row

=B2&" "&C2

"Michael" wrote:

Please post the formula you are using. It sounds like you might be using
absolute addressing, rather than relative.
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"excel moron" wrote:

Happy new year. I did that and the result is correct for the first row.
when i copy and paste it for the second row, third row and so forth. It
pastes the result from the first row. the strange thing here is when i click
on the second result it highlights the cell's with different names to the
first one. Sorry if that confuses you more. let me go back to the beginning
I have 1500 first and last names in seperate columns i would like first name
and last name in the same column. I can make it work for indiviual cell's
but it fails to fill the entire column no matter what I have tried to do as
far as copy and paste the only thing I have achieved is to get the first
result in all of the third column

"Michael" wrote:

Happy new year. I think in Column C that you need a formula to merge the
first and last names from Columns A and B. Assuming your names start in Row
2 (the first row is usually reserved for Column headings), try this: In Cell
C2 type -
A2&" "&B2. The quotes will give you a space between the first and last
name. HTH
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"excel moron" wrote:

I am trying to merge two row's into one row. I can merge two cells into one
but when i go to auto fill the row it fill's it with the result of the first
merge. for example: ROW A First Name ROW B Last Name ROW C first name last
name
John DOE
John DOE
Jane DOE
John DOE
I have used paste special value and still get the same result