Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
GFH GFH is offline

Default Converting TEXT to DATE

Evening

I have two simalar issues.

1) I have a column of text that represents the date but is entered as
text. The entry has a leading space (entered as "<sp12 DEC 06") that
does not permit the entry to be displayed or treated as a DATE cell.

Question how can I strip the leading space from a cellso I can format
and display the cell as a DATE?

and 2nd

Another column has a time entry with the same leading zero as well as
one after the full colon "<sp9:<sp34" without quotes of course.

Same question is there an easy way to get rid of the leading space s
well as the <sp after the colon?

Thank you