Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Maybe it's meant, that as result you must have not any formula, but merged
values only.

P.e. you have original values in columns A and B, like A2="John" and B2=
"Little". Into cell (p.e. C2) enter the formula
=A2 & " " B2
which displays "John Little"
Copy the formula to same range of rows in column C, as values in A and B.
Select all cells with formulas in column C, copy them, and them PasteSpecial
as values. Now you don't have any formulas anymore - only merged values
remain in column C.
You can delete both columns A and B after that, or leave them when they are
needed for some another task afterwards.

--
When sending mail, use address arvil<attarkon.ee
Arvi Laanemets

"April" wrote in message
I need to be able to merge two colums of text into one column without

lossing
the information and I'm not allowed to use a formula! This is an

assignment
and we are allowed to use any resource to find our answer. I hope someone
can give me a hand. Thanks

April