Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Michael M Michael M is offline

Default Copy middle digits from one cell into another

Hi Sharon
Are you using the 2nd formula RD submitted, 'cause it works fine.

=MID (A1,3,6).......remember to substitute A1 for whatever location you need
!!

HTH
Michael M

"Sharon R" wrote:

Thank You. Its almost perfect. It copied the first numbers from the cell,
but I actually need it to pick up the middle 5 numbers. Can you help PLEASE!
Thank You So Much!

"RagDyer" wrote:

If the original data is always the same length, and the data to be returned
is always in the same location within that data, try this:

=LEFT(RIGHT(A1,8),6)

--
HTH,

RD

"Sharon R" <Sharon wrote in message
I need a formula to copy the middle digits from one cell to another. i.e.
132sk215zb from Cell A1 and transfer only the 2sk215 into Cell D1. Can
anyone help?