Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stargazer980 Stargazer980 is offline

Default Excel Problems

Yes the problem occurs in new spreadsheets as well. I found the answer with
some more searching and I think what happened is when I downloaded a template
it activated the fixed decimal.

"Dave F" wrote:

Perhaps whoever created the spreadsheet applied a custom number format to it.

Does the same problem occur if you create a brand new spreadsheet?

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Stargazer980" wrote:

I am using previously saved spread sheets in Excel. Any time I enter a number
I have to put .00 behind it to display the number correctly otherwise if I
type the year 2007 it ends up as (20.07).

I am taking all the setting back to default and would like to know how to
prevent this from happening again without defaulting everything again.