Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Default How can I merge 4 excel columns to 1 column (street,city,st,zi

I don't know the Official name, but I call it "Carraige Return", and that's
the way it works for me....just have to be sure and format the cell for
Wrap-text.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Dave F" wrote:

What is the CHAR(10) character called? Is that a carriage return?

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"CLR" wrote:

Another way is to use this formula, copied down, and set formatting for
Wrap-text.......it will put each item on a separate line in the same cell

=A1&CHAR(10)&B1&CHAR(10)&C1&CHAR(10)&D1

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"SassyB" wrote:

I have an excel spreadsheet that has the street address, city, state, and zip
for employees in 4 separate columns. Is there a quick way to merge the 4
columns to 1 while keeping all of the data?