Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cameron Cameron is offline

Default When opening spreadsheets filename increments

2003
And this is happening to every Excel file opened. Also, it seems that when
you open a file rather then opening the original it opens a copy of it right
away. We have a few served excel files and these files refuse to open because
of how excel is behaving.

"CLR" wrote:

Every excel file, or only certain ones of a particular type group, which
could all have the same macro therein............?

Which version of Excel?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Cameron" wrote:

I have a slight problem, when opening excel files the software increments the
filename with a number and then when I save it I have to change the name and
over right the original file. How do I setup Excel so it stops making copies
of my orginal files?