Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default Pivot Table Data Import

Is putting the CSV file into an Access database an option? Or, is upgrading
to Excel 2007 an option? If either is, then adding fields to the Access db
table/Excel 2007 table should solve your problems.

However, if these are not options for you, then Debra's response seems like
a good bet.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Jason" wrote:

Hello folks,

I have created a pivot table that links to an external csv file (there were
too many records to store in Excel, 75K+). Pivot table works and performs
well.

An additional field was added to the csv dataset. I expected that
additional field to be available when I refresh the pivot table data, however
it is not.

Any ideas as to why this additional field is not available? Am I missing
something?

Thanks, appreciate it.

Jason