Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Pivot Table Data Import

Ron Coderre has a pivot table add-in that lets you view and edit a pivot
table's connection string and command text, so you can change the
source, in Excel 2002 or Excel 2003:

http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotPlay01.html

You could add the new field to the connection string there.

Jason wrote:
Hello folks,

I have created a pivot table that links to an external csv file (there were
too many records to store in Excel, 75K+). Pivot table works and performs
well.

An additional field was added to the csv dataset. I expected that
additional field to be available when I refresh the pivot table data, however
it is not.

Any ideas as to why this additional field is not available? Am I missing
something?

Thanks, appreciate it.

Jason

--