Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sam via OfficeKB.com Sam via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Return Matched Numeric Values across Rows

Hi Bernard,

Thank you very much for your time and assistance. Your Solution and Formula
provides me with a very useful summary of my "Expected Results" - Numeric
Values that MATCH the same Numeric Label on both Sheet1 and Sheet2. Great!

I then used this Array Formula provided by Biff to display the Numeric Values
grouped by their Numeric Labels ("0" to "3") across a single row in ascending
order:

=IF(COLUMNS($A:A)<=COUNTIF($B1:$F4,"0"),SMALL(IF( $B1:$F40,$B1:$F4),COLUMNS(
$A:A)),"")

Final Results - Numeric Labels "0" to "3"
9, 25, 28

Thank you once again.

Cheers,
Sam

Bernard Liengme wrote:
Here is a first-approximation to an answer.

I have put you two blocks of data in A1:F7 of Sheet1 and Sheet2
In Sheet3 I have in A the labels 0,,1,2,3,4,5, 6
In B1 I have the formula
=IF(ISNA(MATCH(Sheet1!B1,Sheet2!$B1:$F1,0)),"",IND EX(Sheet2!$B1:$F1,1,MATCH
(Sheet1!B1,Sheet2!$B1:$F1,0)))
This I copied down and across to fill B2:F7
The result is
2 -- 25 28 -- --
where -- means a cell displaying as blank
best wishes