Jon Peltier

If you leave the border on the columns, you will not likely see the
internal color. Tushar suggested hiding the border. If the width of each
bar changing from 2 pixels to 3 or 4 is insignificant, then I agree that
the change is rather insignificant.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

MrC wrote:
I have tried playing around with formatting the bars, colour, width,
gap, etc with no luck....no significant change. This feature works with
line and area charts but not bar charts.

Unless anyone has a way around this I would say the combination of time
scale and bar charts is not a valid combination so don't use it...even
though Excel supports it.

Tushar Mehta wrote:

Whether one likes a particular effect or not is a subjective matter.
To disallow a feature for its entire customer base because one person
doesn't like it would be a rather draconian step for MS to take,
wouldn't it?

You can use formatting to focus the eye on the bars. Double-click the
plotted series and from the Patterns tab set the border to none and
pick a bright color for the area (red or blue works well).

If you still don't like the effect, I don't know what to write. Just
keep this in mind. The bars are as thick as they possibly can be
given the requirement that there be space for 365 possible bars. To
see that, stretch the chart out horizontally over 20 or 30 columns.
The bars will get thicker.

If you feel strongly enough about this, let MS know. Visit