Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Kenji Kenji is offline

Default Intermittent Links

We have 4 offices. Each office has a client workbook into which they enters
job costing relating to their office. Each of these workbooks is stored
centrally. I have a fifth workbook that collects the totals from the other
four.

The problem I am having is when the individual offices add rows for new
jobs. The link in my workbook doesnt get updated to reflect the new cell
locations. However, if I open all 5 workbooks at the same time, then I can
add rows to the office workbooks and mine is updated.

Is there any way of getting my workbook to update, even though the clients
were updated at other times?