Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
rapid1 rapid1 is offline

Default Find text and return - NOOB question

The problem is the formatting Chris - the master sheet might say

THE CONSTRUCTION COMPANY

where the additions sheet might read

CONSTRUCTION COMPANY, THE

so I need to find CONSTRUCTION CO in the master sheet. I don't know how to
tell the VLOOKUP to do that?

"ChristopherTri" wrote:

Using a Vlookup on the additions sheet might be the answer...

Add a column on the left side of you master sheet with the left most 10
characters in the name.

On the additions sheet, use Vlookup to find the value in the first column of
the master sheet and return the value one column over(col_index_num = 2).
Make sure you set range_lookup to False to require an exact match. If the
addition is not in the master list, Vlookup will return #N/A.

Regards...

ChristopherTri