Joe

Default IF Question

Hi All,

I'm trying to set up a spreadsheet that will take numerous figures and
do equations on them automatically. When originally I set up this
spreadsheet I got #div/0 as the answer (when every cell in the
equation was blank)) for almost every cell because almost all of them
divided by Zero. To compensate I used IF statements like
"=IF(D8=0,"",(B3+B12+D3)/D8)" to eliminate the problem (leaving the
space blank). Unfortunately, I have a few equations like this
"=(H3)/(D9+F3)" where I only know how to compensate for one of the
variables, such as: "=IF(F3=0,"",(H3)/(D9+F3))". In this example if
anything is put into cell D9 and not F3 I get a misleading answer.

How can I use the IF function (or any other) to compensate for both D9
and F3 at the same time (anotherwords - if either are blank the answer
cell is blank)?

Thank you,
Joe