Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default Average minutes per mile

Your formula for minutes/mile is =C2/B2.
You'll probably want to format the result (and C2) as something like m:ss.
When you enter the time in C2 you may need to do so as 0:37:41 or as 37:41.0
--
David Biddulph

"tateh973" wrote in message
I'm a runner, and want to keep track of/work with my times. I want Excel
tell me what my average time is per mile. So let's say cell b2 is the
number
of miles (example, 4.0 miles) and cell c2 is my total time (37 minutes, 41
seconds). I want to know how many minutes per mile I've done. This is
probably really easy -- but Excel thinks I'm entering an actual clock time
(12:37:41 a.m.) vs. just a quantity of minutes/seconds. Can someone help
me?
Thanks.