Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Johnson Ken Johnson is offline

Default Is it possible to create a dropdown list with pictures/icons ?

Tom Vandewiele wrote:
Hi, i am a project manager trying to create a progress report in MS Excel
based on weather icons, these are small GIF's of sunny or cloudy weather. I
would like to create a dropdown list in the cells where a user can select the
relevant icon / gif.

is this possible ?

thanks,
Tom

Hi Tom,

As far as I know Excel's dropdown lists are only for text.

An effect similar to the one you are after could however be achieved
using VBA.

May last year I set up a sheet with a cell showing "Click here". When
clicked it changed to "Pick a Pic" and four small drawing objects
appeared around that cell. When one of the drawing objects was clicked
a macro ran, the drawing objects disappeared and the cell caption
reverted to "Click Here". The effect of the macro depended on which of
the four drawing objects was clicked.
Something similar could be done with your GIFs.
More detail would be required if you want assistance.

Ken Johnson