Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Kuunders Bill Kuunders is offline

Default How to copy range without changing formulas?

You could do a find and replace.
find =
replace with """""=

and again after copying
find """""=
replace with =

Happy New Year
wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a range of cells with formulas that include (and must have)
relative references. I want to copy that range to another area,
retaining the formulas exactly as written.

Is there an easy way to accomplish that?

The only way I know is to copy the "text" of each cell one by one; that
is, activate each cell, copy from the fx field, then paste into the new
cell. That is too tedious for the number of cells involved.

I could write a macro to accomplish the task. But that would take me
more time than the manual copy (albeit less error prone) because I am
not conversant in VBA -- even with the aid of macro recording.

Is there an easier way?