Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Color Cells Summing

Indeed it is beautifully rendered Max. If you intend to use this again, may
I suggest that you also show how you can dynamically pick up the test
colour, that is by using

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ColorIndex($B$2:$B$11)=ColorIndex(E2)))

as I think this is a useful but not obvious feature (I know it could be
derived from what you do, but ...).

And also summing the values in the coloured range

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ColorIndex($B$2:$B$11)=ColorIndex(E2)),$B$2:$B$11 )

Hanyana,

Post back if Max's workbook doesn't solve the problem for you. I have found
that most problems are caused by people thinking that the function is a
built-in, not one that you have to copy and input to the workbook. Of
course, that may not be your problem, but give us as much detail as you can
if and when posting back.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Max" wrote in message
Try this working sample from my archives**:
http://www.savefile.com/files/377039
CountCellsByFillColor_Using_BobPhillips_ColorIndex _UDF.xls
(Full details & beautifully rendered ..)

**link in sign-off below
--
Max
Singapore
"HANYANA" <u30570@uwe wrote in message news:6b86575e611de@uwe...
Hi there,
i have been trying to get the Color Index summing formula to work but i

am
unsuccessful, i went onto this site
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld....r.html#summing but have
gotten no where for some reason the formula will not work and i am left
scratching my head again. If anyone can help i would really appreciate

it
as
i have come to a complete standstill with my roster.
Thanks
Hanyana