Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default Relational Database Formatting

Hi

Before you go off on the task of moving all your data to a Relational
database, consider why it is that you want to do so.

Your data sounds as though it would be ideal for analysis via a Pivot
Table, and I would suggest you take a look at this first to see if your
requirements can be satisfied. You can view data in all sorts of ways
and change those views very quickly with a Pivot Table.

Take a look at the following sites

http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/f...es/pivot1.html

http://www.edferrero.com/Tutorials.aspx

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Hotsoss13" wrote in message
I am looking to set up a realtional database based on my car lot .
Information I have on the spread sheet include: manufacturer, year of
car,
model, the price it sold for, date it was sold, my salesperson who
sold it,
their percent commission, and commission in dollars. I friend said it
would
be easier to manage this database using a relational database. Can
somone
guide me as to how to set up a relational database.

thanks in advance for you help