Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Very Basic Problem - Merged Cell Equals Contents of a Single Cell

Could be a couple of things...

#1. Format the cell (E1:J1) as General and then reenter that formula.

#2. Tools|Options|View tab|Uncheck Formulas

#3. You have a leading space in your formula???

I'd bet it was #1.

And you may want a formula like:

=if(a1="","",a1)

Then when A1 is empty, you won't see a 0 in that "receiving" cell.

jollynicechap wrote:

When I make the contents of a merged cell i.e. E1:J1 equal to a single cell
(A1) on the same sheet or from sheet to sheet the merged cells display =A1
and not the content. What am I doing wrong?

--

Dave Peterson