Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Leisl Leisl is offline

Default if functions involving drop down lists.

Hi, thank you for trying but this doesn't help. Anyone else have any
suggestions?

"Mike Rogers" wrote:

Leisl

Check out: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html#DataVal. You should
find what you need here.

Mike Rogers

"Leisl" wrote:

Bear with me I know what I want but don't know how to express it.

For example in cell A1 i have created a drop down list, lets say dog, cat,
horse. In cell B1 i want to create an if function so that if "dog" is
selected in A1 then B1 will give me the option of a 2nd drop down list saying
spaniel, doberman and pointer BUT if I select "cat" in cell A1 then I want B1
to give me the option of a drop down list of persian, siamese or moggy but
not spaniel, doberman and pointer. Equally if "horse" is selected in A1 then
i want B1 to give me the option of race horse, showjumper or pony and not
spaniel, doberman, siamese etc...

I have already created the lists further down on the sheet with the data I
want to include.

Hope I have explained this ok. Thank you in advance for any help.

Regards.

Leisl