Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Landy2130 Landy2130 is offline

Default How to split (half) one cell w/o changing col or rows.

Thanks again, but drawing a line like you said will not allow you to format
each half of the cell. I can't beleive microsoft hasn't built the code to
allow you spit or slice one cell w/o effecting a column. Oh well.....Thanks
again! Happy New Year!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Perhaps use a diagonal border in the cell?

OR draw a vertical line using drawing toolbar.

But you still won't be able to format anything but the font size and type in
each "half" of the cell.

I hesitate to mention merging the cells below into one column but
there.......I've said it.

Gord

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 09:52:02 -0800, Landy2130
wrote:

Thanks Gord. Thats was very clear and precise answer. So having said that how
would you go about having two headers for one column?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You cannot split a cell into multiple pieces and format each piece.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 08:02:01 -0800, Landy2130
wrote:

Just the "1 Cell" that has cat type in. Vertically in the same Column.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Do you want to split the cell horizontally, vertically or along the diagonal?
--
Gary''s Student

"Landy2130" wrote:

I was wondering is there anyway to split (half) just one cell in a
spreadsheet. For example: 3 colums 3 rows

Dog Cat Bird
Type
Color
Breed

Now I want to split the Cell Cat in half and have the capability to format
each half, w/o affecting the adjacent col and rows?.

Cat Size