Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sloth Sloth is offline

Default Stopping display of "FALSE"

normally FALSE only appears with an IF function that has no value in the
FALSE section. Add something like this...

=IF(condition,value_if_true,"")
or
=IF(condition,value_if_true," ")

Some people like the space and others like the blank text. Either way the
result will be a seemingly empty cell. Be careful though as neither will
return TRUE with the ISBLANK function.

"vinnie123" wrote:

I'm sure it is a really straightforward problem.

I have a sheet with a lot of data generated form formulas, mainly
VLOOKUP and IF with output being whole numbers. How can I stop the word
"FALSE" from appearing in cells with no valid data, just leaving those
cells blank.

Regards, Vinnie.