Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Robert in Brisbane Robert in Brisbane is offline

Default How do I extract and save hyperlinks from images in excel

Ken
Thank you VERY much. That did the job perfectly, and saved me quite a few
hours doing it manually.
And so easy, even for me ....

Robert

"Ken Johnson" wrote:

Hi Robert,

Try this macro...

Public Sub HyperlinkNames()
Dim Shp As Shape
Dim rngDestination As Range

Set rngDestination = Application.InputBox( _
Prompt:="Select any cell in the column " & _
"to receive the hyperlink names.", _
Title:="Destination Column", _
Default:=Selection.Address, _
Type:=8)

For Each Shp In ActiveSheet.Shapes
If Shp.Type = 13 Then
On Error Resume Next
Cells(Shp.TopLeftCell.Row, _
rngDestination.Column).Value = _
Shp.Hyperlink.Name
End If
Next Shp
End Sub

If the images are Pictures, rather than drawing objects, then for every
Picture on the sheet that has a hyperlink, the macro will put the
hyperlink's name into the cell that is on the same row as the Picture
and in the column that you have chosen.
It should work OK provided the sheet does not have more than one
Picture per row.

Ken Johnson