Chad

One option might be to disable the prompt for the links. Go to Tools\Options
and click on the Edit tab. Deselect the "Ask to update automatic links"
checkbox.

"Andrew" wrote:

I have a document that is password protected. I also have a file that
references the protected files for many of the its formulas. Each time I open
the file and update the links I am prompted multiple times (once for each
cell reference to the protected file) for the password. Is there any setting
so that a user is only prompted once for the password to a reference file
that is protected?

I know that one option is just to copy the tabs from my referencing file
into the protected file, but it would be nice to keep the documents separate.

Thanks,
Andrew