Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike Mike is offline

Default create combo box in excel

Vinay,

You do this by formatting the control. Right click on the combo-box and
select format control. In the cell link address box vavigate to the cell you
want your output to appear in. When you run the combo-box the row number of
the item you selected will be displayed in the cell you selected in the cell
link box.

Mike

"Vinay" wrote:

I have made the combo box. and I have also managed to list the details in
that box.
When I select the values form it, I want the row number of the value that I
have selected. When i mean the row number, I mean the rowmnumver from wher I
have sourced the data.

Basically, the first value that i select should display the value 1 next to
the combo box. I am using this column number to generate in interactive chart

Your help will be highly appreciated.