Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kassie kassie is offline

Default Stopping display of "FALSE"

Normally, you add an additional IF to your formula, to test for this condition.

Something like =IF(A1="","",A1*B1)
=IF(A1="","",VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A1:D250,3,FALSE)
or something to that effect. It all depends on what it is you want to block
out. I suggest you post your VLOOKUP formula, then we can assist you.
--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman

"vinnie123" wrote:

I'm sure it is a really straightforward problem.

I have a sheet with a lot of data generated form formulas, mainly
VLOOKUP and IF with output being whole numbers. How can I stop the word
"FALSE" from appearing in cells with no valid data, just leaving those
cells blank.

Regards, Vinnie.