Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Workbook split into two after opening

You have two windows open.

Close one by hitting the "X" on that window.

Save the workbook. Close and re-open.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 10:01:00 -0800, Katherine
wrote:

Hi,

A workbook that I am currently using at work keeps splitting into two
workbooks, but only when I open it up. (When the workbook is not open, it
only appears as one file, File.xls, in the file list.) After I open up
File.xls, Excel splits it into two workbooks and in the top address bar calls
them File.xls:1 and File.xls:2. If I make changes in one and save, it also
saves the changes in the other one. How can I get it to be one workbook
again?

Thank you,
Katherine