Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Workbook split into two after opening

This is one workbook with two open windows. To close one of the windows,
activate the window and then use the Ctrl+w shortcut to close it. The other
window remains open, without the :1 suffix.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Katherine" wrote in message

A workbook that I am currently using at work keeps splitting into two
workbooks, but only when I open it up. (When the workbook is not open, it
only appears as one file, File.xls, in the file list.) After I open up
File.xls, Excel splits it into two workbooks and in the top address bar
calls
them File.xls:1 and File.xls:2. If I make changes in one and save, it
also
saves the changes in the other one. How can I get it to be one workbook
again?

Thank you,
Katherine