Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Time difference calculations, daylight savings time, Excel

Tim,

See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/LocalAndGMTTimes.htm and
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm .

Download the files from the LocalAndGMTimes page.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Tim" wrote in message
I would appreciate someone explaining to me how to arrange for Excel to
arrive at correct time differences where two dates and times from a year
long
list have been chosen, each of these time points being expressed using
different time zones. This will occur in any simple list of dates and
times
covering a year where one chosen time point is during a period of Standard
Time and another to be compared is during Daylight Savings Time.
Tim