Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster pinmaster is offline

Default Compare Two Numbers, See if a third cell stays between the first

Hi,

I would use conditional formatting to flag the cell red (or any color) when
the value is outside the accepted range. Say that the first 2 cells are A1,
B1, and C1 is the cell to watch then in conditional formatting use "formula
is" and this formula: OR(C1<A1,C1B1) choose your format and click ok.

HTH
Jean-Guy

"rocks256" wrote:

I want to put two numbers in separate cell. Then I would like to see if a
third cell
stays between the first two cells. If it does not, then I would like to be
notified,
(warning) in some way.
p.s. I am NOT an excel beginner. I use formulas all the time.