Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Filtering by Month

You could convert the data to real dates and just format them to show the
abbreviated month name. It might even be useful when you go into the next year.

sandran wrote:

I'm having a problem with filtering by abbreviated months in Excel.

For example, I will have a list of cells with the month:

Month
Jan
Feb
Mar
Apr
May
Jun
Jul
Aug
Sep
Oct
Nov
Dec

When turning autofilter on, it will give me the list in alphabetical order,
instead of Monthly Order. This becomes very inconvenient, when I have a Pivot
Table, where one of my data fields is by month, and won't sort them in the
sequetional months.
It has worked in the past, but now, when I re-opened the spreadsheet, this
happens.
I've tried making a new spreadsheet, changing the format, using the month
function, and nothing works, could you please help me.

Thanks,

sandran

--

Dave Peterson