Peo Sjoblom

What is Mar-03? March 3rd 2005 or March 2003? Excel thinks it is March 3rd
2005 and no formatting can change that,
if he formats as mm/dd/yy he will notice that the date is 03/03/05. If he
wants 2003 he needs to enter that or excel will assume
March 3 current year based on the computer clock

Peo Sjoblom

"rovetrader" wrote in message
I've set up a simple spreadsheet on my PC for someone else to use on their
laptop. Although I've Custom formatted an entire column for dates as
"mmm-yy" and it all works fine on my PC, when he tries to enter data e.g.
"Mar-03", Excel automatically puts it as "Mar-05", and I can't figure out

why.

There must be a simple answer!

Rove