Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MikeR-Oz MikeR-Oz is offline

Default Date in US format not Australia

Thanks PEO, but the customize area is correct. I have gotten around the issue
for the moment by using excel /format /custom/dd-mmm

Cheers
Mike

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

In the control panel regional settings you need to select customize,
then change the date system from there, if you just change to Australia
it will only change language rules, not the numeric settings.
Excel gets it date settings from the control panel

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

MikeR-Oz wrote:
I have changed in Control Panel the regional to Australia and cannot see in
Excel where to do this. In Word it is correct for spelling but in excel I
still get date as Month/Day/year NOT day/month/year as I would like.
Have gone to format and date and it shows only the USA style.
Mike