Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default How to start Y-axis scale at odd value and have tick labels at even values?

Paul -

I've used the workaround for this and for many other purposes.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Paul S. Natanson" (Remove xxx's for real
address.) wrote in message ...
Jon: Your web site shows that you have come up with a clever work-around
that just might solve my problem. Many thanks. Paul 12-26-06

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
Excel chart axes always put the first tick at the minimum and count by
the major unit from there.

You could use a dummy XY series to apply your own custom axis scale:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Paul S. Natanson" (Remove xxx's for
real address.) wrote in message
On either an XY chart or on a scatter chart, I want to have a secondary
Y axis (showing temperature) that goes from 32 to 212. But I want the
labels to be at multiples of 10 (e.g., 40, 50, 60, - - - , 190, 200,
210).

The reason that I want to do this is because the secondary axis is
degrees FAHRENHEIT and I need for it to match the primary axis which
goes from 0 to 100 degrees CENTIGRADE.

How can I create a secondary Y axis with a scale that starts at 32 and
has tick labels at even multiples of 10?

Paul S. Natanson +1-908-630-0406 paul628 at concentric dot net
December 26, 2006.