Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
E-QUIP E-QUIP is offline

Default calculating time

I wanted to use standard time not military also, can it calculate it to
figure any time before or after the 7:00am to 3:30pm to be overtime?

"Manju" wrote:

E-QUIP wrote:
I am working in excel i want to put in a start time and an end time i want
for mon thru fri 7:00 am to 3:30 pm to be reg hours and any time before or
after to be ot I also want to add a luch column and to put in if there is a
lunch how much time was taken for lunch then i want it to calculate reg and
ot taking out a lunch if there is one taken - ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY
APPRECIATED

Just enter time as 07:00 in A1 cell and 15:30 in A2 and give a formula
IN A3 as A2-A1.
make sure the cell A3 is formatted as hh:mm with FormatcellsNumber
menu.
Similarly you can put date and time both in the same cell by formatting
cell as dd-mm-yyyy hh:mm in both A1 & A2 and in A3 write formula as
(A2-A1)*24 and format as number with one or two decimal places as you
require.
Hope this is useful. I am actually using such a spreadsheet to
calculate OT of my department.

Regards.