Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
stebro stebro is offline

Default Need to defeat this security warning message

Thanks Debra - and to all who responded or who help others in this forum.
I'm going to mark this as "problem resolved", but if anyone else has anything
to add please do.

It still is a little puzzling to me but I've learned that some things you
just have to take on faith! As long as the users of this workbook don't
think I'm passing off a virus-infected, personal info stealing robot - I'm
o.k. with it.

--Steve

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

Hi Steve,

The Privacy message is created by a workbook setting, so shouldn't be
affected by settings on the users' machines. It's different than the
Security warning that's displayed based on a user's security setting.

The Privacy message seems to be triggered even if you open the Visual
Basic Explorer, without creating a macro. Once the message has been
triggered, I don't know of any way to remove it from the workbook, aside
from turning off that 'Remove personal information' option.

Debra

stebro wrote:
Cool - I get to speak with the author herself! Thanks Debra - this caused
the error message to quit, but have I only masked a problem? If the person
who uses this has this check box turned on with they too get this warning?
My attempts were geared towards removing the root cause, but perhaps the
message here is that it is not possible.

To me this is too wierd. Thanks so much for your assistance!

Steve

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

Choose ToolsOptions
On the Security tab, remove the check mark from 'Remove personal
information from file properties on save'
Click OK

stebro wrote:

I tried to use vba earlier to enhance a spreadsheet but it didn't work so I
deleted it. Now every time I try to save the worksheet I get the following
message:

"Privacy Warning: This document contains macros, ActiveX controls, XML
expansion pack information, or web components. These may include personal
information that cannot be removed by the "Remove personal information from
profile properties on save" option in the Security tab of the Options dialog
box on the tools menu."

I followed the instructions here
<http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html
for removing all VBA code, but I still get the privacy warning. Is there
anything I can do to rid this spreadsheet of this "impending doom" message?
I need to move this workbook into a production environment and people are not
going to want to use it if it looks like their private information is going
to be compromised.

Thanks - Steve

--
Debra Dalgleish