Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMB JMB is offline

Default Using "D"functions

The criteria have to be set up in A1:D2

Date Name Variance Date
=3/1/06 <=3/31/06

It worked okay for me using range references instead of named ranges.

"JR Hester" wrote:

I am attempting to use Dsum and Daverage with a date range. Below is sample
of the data I have defined ranges named CRITERION as A1:c3, Variances as
A6:C13. My formula is =Daverage(Variances, 3, Criterion). This works for
individuals in name column, but not for the date values I have entered here.
Trying to get all March entries,
#1. can you show me the error of my way?
#2 Is it possible to use actual cell references instead of named ranges to
define the criterion data?

A B C
1 Date Name Variance
2 =3/01/06
3 <=3/31/06
4
5
6 Date Name Variance
7 3/15/06 Fred $(12.23) Subtotal $(26.82)
8 4/12/06 Julie $15.85 Average $(3.83)
9 3/18/06 Poncho $3.35 Count 7
10 5/10/06 Fred $(31.90)
11 3/30/06 Julie $(19.85)